Zesty Pesto, Avocado & Prawn Salad.
CUT DOWN ON SOME CARBS using Zucchini in place of noodles in this zesty pesto, avocado & prawn salad.
ZUCCHINI NOODLES WITH AVOCADO PESTO & PRAWNS
- 5-6 Medium zucchini
- 3-4 teaspoons salt (divided)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup unsalted Pistachios
- 1 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- ¼ teaspoon black ground pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (plus 2 tablespoons divided)
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ kilo of small peeled raw prawns
- 1-2 teaspoons of Cajun seasoning
Using spiral vegetable peeler, spiral zucchini & place in colander. Toss the zucchini with ½ teaspoon salt & let drain for 15-30 minutes. Gently squeeze to remove excess water.
Combine Avocado, Basil, Pistachios , Lemon Juice, Black pepper & salt to taste in blender until smooth.
Heat Pan & cook garlic in 1 tablespoon of oil for approx. 30 seconds, add prawns & Cajun seasoning, cook until prawns are almost cooked through (3-4mins), transfer to a large bowl.
Add remaining tablespoon of oil to pan, add drained zucchini & gently toss for about 3 mins. Transfer to bowl with prawns, add pesto & gently combine.