Broccoli and Avocado Salad
This recipe is a great go to salad. Broccoli is a great source of vitamins K and C, a good source of folate (folic acid) and also provides potassium and dietary fiber. Avocado is a great source of healthy monounsaturated fatty acids, and almonds contain lots of healthy fats, fiber, protein, magnesium and vitamin E.
- 2 broccoli heads & stems cut up to large bite size pieces.
- 1 avocado cut to bit size pieces
- spring onions sliced (amount as to your taste)
- ¼ cup slithered almonds (or sunflower seeds)
- 1 handfull craisins (dried cranberries) adding more makes it sweeter
Mayonnaise & apple cider vinegar to toss salad in - (do this to taste, but 75% mayo & 25% vinegar is a starting guide). You could replace the apple cider vinegar with lemon or lime juice if preferred.
Mix all ingredients together.